Mike prides himself on developing a reputation as an aggressive and zealous advocate for his clients that earned him peer recognition as a "Rising Star" (2009, 2012) by Super Lawyers, an AV Peer Rated Permanent Rating from Martindale Hubbell, selection as a Legal Elite: Top 100 Attorney in Southern Nevada by Nevada Business Magazine, and an "excellent" rating by Avvo. Mike has substantial experience in all areas of litigation. As you will read below, Mike has the skills and experience you desire for your advocate. Below, you will find a brief description of each in the areas of Business Law, Personal Injury, Appeals, Real Estate Litigation, Mortgage Modification, Criminal Defense, and Family Law.
- Mike enjoys the complexity and intricacies of complex business litigation since it involves the greatest level of skill required of a civil advocate. Mike has substantial experience handling business cases involving contracts, assignments, trade secrets, intellectual property litigation, restrictive covenants, health insurance agent/broker/administrator liability, removal of directors, shareholder derivative suits, temporary restraining orders, and injunctions. Mike utilizes his experience in complex business/commercial litigation when handling all of his cases as he finds that it brings the highest level of skill, advocacy, and passion to the client’s case, which helps to obtain the best results.
- Mike has successfully handled civil and immigration appeals before the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, Board of Immigration Appeals, and Nevada Supreme Court. Through his appeals experience, he understands how to develop a record to preserve issues for appeals.
- Mike worked for several years as an insurance defense attorney for claims involving catastrophic injuries (brain, spinal, wrongful death), construction defect, infectious diseases, slip-and-fall, negligent security, premise liability, and various other claims in Las Vegas, Reno, and rural Nevada. During that time, he developed expertise in handling both state and federal actions (including appeals before the Nevada Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court).
- Mike understands how to successfully negotiate with an insurance carrier as well as defense counsel to achieve the best possible results for the clients. In any case, Mike is always ready to aggressively litigate any case if the offer is not fair. In every case, Mike is always working with the best interest of the client in mind.
- Mike's background in real estate involves actions arising out of a landlord/tenant dispute, real estate agent misconduct, seller misrepresentations, construction defect, judicial foreclosures, and contractual matters. He has successfully defended deficiency actions related to foreclosures, obtained dismissal of construction defect/fraudulent non-disclosure claims, and writ of restitution (unlawful detainers, summary evictions). Similarly, he has also successfully obtained significant judgments for evictions, breach of contract, and restitution actions as well. In any type of real estate matter, whether it is commercial or residential, Mike has experience and proven results that will help you obtain the results you seek.
- Mike has experience in consumer law where he has represented Bank of America, CitiBank, and Wells Fargo. He formerly attended countless foreclosure mediations on behalf of Bank of America. During that time, he developed an understanding of what the financial institutions are looking for to modify a loan.
- Mike's initial training in criminal defense began when he externed with the Public Defender’s Office in law school. Thereafter, he worked with his father handling various criminal cases ranging from simple misdemeanors to serious felonies. Similarly, he also handled cases with immigration overtones for removal/deportation. Mike has the unique perspective of bringing his expansive civil, immigration, and appellate experience to handling criminal cases.
- Mike has handled various domestic disputes throughout his career. While Mike prides himself on being an aggressive advocate, he believes that domestic cases are better suited for resolution if the parties can mediate through their differences. If successful, it will help both parties work through this stressful time efficiently to avoid damage to the family and expensive legal fees.